Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pictures thus far.....

Waiting for the start of the Women's Celebration 5k

hehe tired of waiting for the start


This one was in the Idaho Statesman paper :o)


Start of the 5k



Me, Jordan, and Sylvia when we visited in August.  Standing at the top of Camel's Back.

Breakfast at Big City Cafe with teammates. :o)

Icing in the Boise River!

Top of Camel's back (close by where we live)

Greater Boise Running Club past and present

After the Women'sCelebration (It was HOT!)

Teammates :O)  Kelly (on the far left) used to run for GBRC.  She raced in the 5k this last Saturday.

Teammates again (Kelly on the far left and Holly in the BSU stuff used to run for GRBC).  Holly is the one who ran in the Marathon in the 2004 Olympic Trials. :O)

Suppose I should say how I did this last Saturday in my race.  I ran a 17:46 (for 5000m which is 3.125 miles) and I placed 7th overall out of over 10,000 women.  I placed 4th out of the Idaho Women. :O)  The time I ran is 15 seconds faster than my road race PR and only 2 seconds off of my 5k track PR that I ran almost 3 years ago!  A good start :O).  We ran well as a team too.  The three of us that raced the 5k all won checks.  We were 3rd, 4th , and 5th for Idaho women, and 6th, 7th, and 8th overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment