Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Good trip....

  Sylvia and I ventured back home this last weekend, and we both had a good trip. :O)  It was nice to see my family and my nieces :oD  I do miss them!  I'm glad I was able to be home for Hannah's birthday :O)

  Today was another workout day.  We did 2 x 1 mile, 1 x 1000m, and 2 x 400m.  FINALLY got to do some mile repeats!  While I love doing them, the shorter distances are what I need to work on...I need to get some of my speed back so that I can get my race times down.  That is my goal for this fall....to run some solid 5k's and 10k's and get my PRs down so that when the time comes to race a half-marathon and a full marathon I will run a good time (hopefully a qualifying time in the marathon :O)). SO, while I am disappointed that I won't be able to run the Big Sur half-marathon in November, this will be best for me in the long run especially because I don't have much time to qualify for the trials. 

  Well, I am sleepy, so it is off to bed for me :o)  Hope you are all doing well! 

1 comment:

  1. Love reading what's up in your life. So good that you got to go home and see everyone. We'll be there next week. So sorry to miss you. I have to go hopefully to get my glasses. I've been without since August 5 when I had the first cataract surgery. Then the second one was September 2. Waiting for it to heal totally before glasses. Will be nice to be able to see well!

    ReplyDelete