My journey to making the Olympic Trials has began. :o) I have been in Boise for almost 3 weeks now and I am loving it! I feel a sense of true peace for the first time in forever, and I am so excited for my future.
The past few months have been challenging, and I don't doubt that I will continue to be challenged in the future, but I am taking each day as it comes to me. Learning to enjoy my life as it comes at me.
I am here in Boise, ID to begin training for the marathon with the goal of qualifying for the Olympic Trials. My first few weeks here have been awesome so far! I have had solid workouts, running faster than I ever have, and I just raced in my first race for Greater Boise and ran strong.
The training schedule we are under right now isn't too bad at all. It's about 10 miles less than what I was doing when I was in Oregon, but the intensity has increased. My training schedule looks like this:
Mon/Wed/Fri : 10k easy runs (about 6.5 miles)
Tues/Thurs : 4 mile morning run, and then workout in the PM at 6.
Saturday: Morning workout
Sunday: Long run of 10-12 miles
I am enjoying it :o) It is nice to be done with a run or workout and walk down to the Boise River to ice :oD
I have two races coming up next month. October 16th is Barber to Boise and I will be racing the 10k. Then on October 31st I will be traveling home to run the Strands 5k in Corvallis. I am trying to figure out a way to run the Big Sur half-marathon in November. It is a really good race to compete in, so I am hoping that I can.
I am still looking for a job...it is tough. I am trying not to stress out about it, but it is a frustrating situation to be in. I trust that something will come up.
Sylvia and I love our place...we have everything put together and we love being here! I just have to paint the top half of my room....not a fan of the dark and light pink stripes :O).
Ho hum...I suppose that is it for now... :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment