I raced the Barber to Boise 10k yesterday morning here in Boise. The race went very well...I ran a 36:26 (6.2 miles). That is a minute and 16 seconds faster than my track PR that I ran about 2 years ago. My coach was very pleased with my race, as well as the rest of my teammates. I placed 2nd for females overall and 12th out of close to 2000 people I believe.
If you want to look at the race results, pictures, or live video of the finish, go to this link:
http://www.barbertoboise.com/home.html
On the live video feed I am around 24:50 (if you click on the line and drag it to around that time you can see my finish).
Overall, I am very satisfied with how the race went :o) My team did really well too. After the race we went to breakfast together as a team to Big City Cafe downtown (goooood muffins and coffee :O)).
Friday night we had a team dinner at Paul's house. A few of the people used to run for Greater Boise but just recently moved to Oregon and one is in Washington. The two guys are now running for Strands (Corvallis and Seattle) and the girl that used to run here is running for a club in Eugene.
Starting from the left: Kevin Sheehy, Paul Davis, Kevin Peters (holding the mug), Jordyn Smith, Jordan Zwick (holding the other mug), Eddie Ernest-Jones, Sylvia Veal, Coley Fitzgerald (in the white sweater), me, and Mike Sayenko. ....and Moses, Coley's dog, in the front :o).
Jordyn Smith used to run for GBRC but is not in Eugene, Eddie used to run for GBRC but is now running for Strands in Corvallis, and Sayenko is running for Strands in Seattle.
It was a fun weekend...good people to be around :O).
My next race is the Strands 5k in Corvallis, OR on Halloween. I will be coming home that Friday morning and leaving Monday afternoon. :O) Excited to be home and to race! :o) Hope you are all doing well!

No comments:
Post a Comment