So now that my sprained ankle has healed, I have managed to sprain my finger while doing a long run. Yes...my finger. We ran out in the foothills today for our long run, and in a lot of spots the snow and ice hasn't melted at all....while going down a hill in one part that was pretty slippery I fell and sprained my finger, made my triceps sore, burned some skin on my upper thigh and knee on the ice, and somehow managed to cut my ankle...maybe on a rock?? Yeah. I at least managed to catch myself before falling in the icy creek that was next to the trail. Other than those 30 seconds or less, the run was wonderful :o). Not sure how I keep managing these things....
On a different note, I got the job that I interviewed for on Wednesday. SO, I decided to put my two weeks notice in at the YMCA (the job hours conflicted with each other) because I will be making almost a dollar more an hour and working 10-15 hours more a week to start with. The potential to move up is there whereas in my job now, that is non-existent....plus, I will be unemployed at the Y from the middle of May to the end of August because there is no school during those months. Financially this makes more sense. The company that I am going to work for is really flexible and has done everything to accommodate me so far and have been very friendly and easy going. I am pretty excited about it. PLUS, it is about 10-15 minutes closer than the job I am at now.
I suppose that is all I have for now...I am going to get back to studying for the GRE (I plan on taking it in February). Hope you are all doing well!

Oh Becca! I'm so excited. Sounds like a good move for you and like I've said before, God knows exactly what's best and has the right things in mind for you. So go for it. I'm really happy and pleased. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLove you!