Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snow, Snow, and more Snow :o)

  Looks like it has been awhile since I have updated anything on here!   Let's see...

  I ran my 6k time trial last month and it went very very well.  I ran a minute and 5 seconds faster than my PR from a couple of years ago.  It was VERY cold that morning and I ran it by myself in 20:55.  Also managed to break my 3k and 5k pr's as well :o).  My coach was really pleased with it.  Mom was here visiting that weekend so she got to see it :o).


  I am now almost finished with the de-training phase...this is the last week for it, and then I will begin phase 2 of the training.  My mileage will go up a little bit and I will have 2 steady runs a week, one will be hilly.  Saturdays will be another workout of a fartlek or FCR (Fast Continuous Run...not the same as a steady...I know, confusing :o)).  The other days will be 6-8 miles.  


  I went home for Thanksgiving and will be home again at the end of this month for almost 2 weeks.  I get that time off of work because there is no school, so I get to go see family :o).  


  I came back to about 3 or 4 inches of snow left on the ground from the storm during Thanksgiving...it got down to about -2 degrees.  My roommate said the morning after it had snowed quite a bit, she opened her car door and a pile of snow fell in....and that same pile of snow was there 4 days later because of how cold it got :o).


  Another storm came in this week...it is still snowing. :o)  It has snowed about 5 or 6 inches since yesterday late afternoon.  We had practice last night at 6 and it was VERY pretty to run in :o)  We were the only ones out on the greenbelt so it was peaceful :O)  The run this afternoon should be interesting :oD  


  I didn't have work today because of school closures, but I am teaching the holiday cooking class on Mondays and Wednesdays and then the Ronald McDonald (who I think is really creepy...) on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  For the Ronald McDonald house we will make winter decorations and crafts to take over on the 16th and help decorate for Christmas.  We also put on a drive to collect items the house needs so we will make posters for that and put it together to get donations.  It should be fun :o)


  Well, I am off to make some lunch before I go out and run.  :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment